The Office for Strategy and Studies (GEE) and the Portuguese Investment and Foreign Trade Agency (AICEP) invite the submission of scientific articles on the Portuguese Economy that contribute to the study of the Determinants of Portuguese Internationalization in a Post-Covid-19 Context, as well as to the identification of problems and the implementation of public policy solutions in this area.
Suggestions of subjects to be addressed (not exclusive)
- Impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the internationalization of companies;
- Importance of internationalization in the competitiveness and recovery of the Portuguese economy;
- Measures to promote Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Portugal;
- Sectoral priorities for increasing exports of goods and services, increasing the number of exporters and diversifying export market;
- Impact of European Union incentives on export dynamics;
- Impact of EU-third countries trade agreements (FTA) on Portuguese exports;
- Importance of international trade in the structural transformation of the Portuguese economy and the business fabric;
- Impact of industry characteristics on companies' export intensity;
- Impact of factor mobility on the internationalization of the Portuguese economy;
- Role of the business environment in internationalization;
New internationalization strategies and business models;
- Role of public policies in the internationalization of Portuguese companies.
Terms of participation
- Original articles about Portugal, preferably with an empirical component, that allow drawing relevant conclusions for the different phases of public policies (definition, implementation and/or evaluation).
- Manuscripts may be written in Portuguese or in English.
- Manuscripts received are pre-selected and those that are subsequently admitted are subject to evaluation by a Scientific Committee.
- Scientific Committee: Guida Nogueira (GEE), Joana Silva (Católica-Lisbon), João Amador (Banco de Portugal), Nazaré Pimparel (AICEP) e Pedro Cilínio (IAPMEI).
- The rules of the call can be accessed at www.gee.gov.pt or here.
- Authors must submit proposals and manuscripts, within the defined deadlines, to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 31st, 2021: Proposal or draft manuscript submission
December 31st, 2021: Manuscript submission
3,000 euros per article, for the authors of the 4 best articles, on condition that they participate in a Conference on the Portuguese Economy, to be organized by the GEE and AICEP, on a date to be defined.
The selected articles will be published as working papers on the GEE and AICEP portals and may later be published in scientific journals.