When: 14th of October 2020 at 15:00 (Brussels time)
Virtual venue: This event will be 100% online. The participants will be based in Brussels (Belgium) and in Lisbon (Portugal)
Event program: see program
The Portuguese Trade and Investment Agency, aicep Portugal Global, in preparation for the Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the EU in 2021, is organizing a side event for the 18th European Week of Regions and Cities on “Sustainability and Innovation in Portuguese Regions and Cities”.
This webinar will focus on Portuguese Smart Cities and innovative urban solutions in the areas of Smart Governance, Mobility, Energy & Environment, and Smart services & Living.
The event aims to create a debate with several regional institutions, the private sector, civil society, academic experts and other stakeholders to discuss how Portuguese and European cities can create their communication and integration strategies to increase competitiveness and improve living standards.
The event will be moderated by Miguel de Castro Neto (Nova IMS), and counts with the participation of:
- EU Commissioner for Cohesion and Reforms, Elisa Ferreira (Video intervention);
- Portuguese Secretary of State for Internationalization, Eurico Brilhante Dias;
- Head of Cabinet of the Commissioner Elisa Ferreira, Hugo Sobral;
- Representatives of Portuguese Municipalities of Beja, Cascais, Guimarães, Seia and Seixal;
- Member of the Executive Board of AICEP Portugal Global, João Dias.
For more information contact AICEP's Trade & Investment Commissioner in Belgium, Mr. Rui Paulo Almas, at email@example.com.